University of Windsor
Sixth Annual Prep Invitational
Saturday, April 23, 2011
1. Location: University of Windsor Stadium, Huron Church and College Ave.
2. Eligibility: Open to High School athletes ONLY. Athletes MUST be entered by their school – no individual entries.
3. Entry Deadline: Team rosters and event entries must be in hands by 7:00pm Monday, April 18, 2011. Email Hy-Tek entries are preferred and should be emailed to Brett Lumley (firstname.lastname@example.org). Instructions on how to use Hy-Tek Lite and the Events File will be posted on www.golancers.ca. Entries Forms may also be completed and faxed to (519) 973-7058.
4. Entry Fee: $5.00 per athlete for 1st event. $3.00 per athlete per event for subsequent entries.
The entry fee for teams using Hy-Tek TM Lite will be reduced to $ 4.00 for athlete’s 1st entry and $ 2.50 per athlete per event for each subsequent entry.
Cheques should be made payable to: “University of Windsor Track & Field Alumni Club”. There is no team maximum entry fee. We are attempting to minimize the number of scratches and therefore allow for more entries and maximize participation. Please read information regarding scratches below.
5. Scratches: Scratches received by Wednesday, April 20th (6:00 p.m.) will be accepted and the Team’s Entry Fee will be deducted to reflect the scratches received by this deadline. This will allow school’s to make entries at no expense for athletes entered by the entry deadline that must scratch at a later date.
6. Team Packages: Envelopes containing competition numbers, a revised schedule, and scratch forms etc. will be available at the stadium entrance. Entry fees for all athletes entered must be paid at this time.
7. Awards: Awards will be presented to the top 3 finishers in each event.
8. Track: 400 metre Mondo eight-lane track with two eight lane straight-aways. Track and all jumping surfaces are Mondo, throwing circles are concrete. Javelin approach is Mondo and spike length of 6mm WILL BE ENFORCED.
9. Spikes: Outdoor Pin Spikes for track and jumping events - no longer then 6mm. Shoes will be checked and offenders retired.
10. Throwing Implements: Athletes are encouraged to bring their own throwing implements. We will be weighing equipment. Implements in the competition must be shared.
12. Scoring: This meet will not be scored.
13. First Aid: Qualified athletic therapists will be available throughout the meet. Kindly provide your own tape.
14. Light Refreshments: The concession stand at the University of Windsor stadium will be open.
15. Spectators/Coaches/ All coaches must be in the coaching areas adjacent to the field events or
Non competing Athletes: in the main grandstand. Coaches are NOT permitted on the infield. There will be a $2 entry admission for spectators.
16. Schedule: A tentative schedule of events is enclosed. A finalized schedule, based on the entries received will be enclosed in your team package and will be posted at www.golancers.ca on Thursday. Follow the link to Track and Field.
17. Questions Direct entries, seed times, fees, and inquiries to:
Mr. Dennis Fairall (Ext. 2440)
Mr. Brett Lumley (Ext. 2423)
Dept of Athletics and Recreational Services
University of Windsor
Windsor, ON N9B 3P4
Phone: (519) 253-3000
Fax: (519) 973-7058
Published by Chris Nickinson on Apr 24 2011, 03:29 AM