RunnerSpace.com: WOW! - Lance Armstrong to return for '09 Tour de France! - DyeStat.com Track Talk

Welcome to DyeStat.com Track Talk!

You will have to register for a RunnerSpace account before you can post: click the LOGIN / SIGN UP link in the top brown bar to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Page 1 of 1

WOW! - Lance Armstrong to return for '09 Tour de France! Thoughts on this??

#1 09 September 2008 08:45 AM
ross 
RunnerSpace Founder / DyeStat CEO 62 Rep Points
PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

http://www.runnerspa...ew&news_id=3659

#2 09 September 2008 08:53 AM
kayla 
Member 2 Rep Points
PipPip

I'm all for quitting-while-your-ahead. When he retired he was on top of the world, and that's how we remember him - I think he should keep it that way.

#3 09 September 2008 09:00 AM
travis 
Member 2 Rep Points
Pip

He should stay away, although I'm sure the sport of cycling could use the publicity. Lance didn't get caught for drugs and should be grateful for that....why come back and jeopardize? Actually when I think about it, if he where to come back that would make me question my thoughts on whether he was dirty or not. If he did use drugs it would crazy to come back. I think he should relax and run a couple more marathons.

#4 09 September 2008 10:16 AM
Kevin 
RunnerSpace Moderator 18 Rep Points
PipPipPipPip

It says he will post his internally tested bloodwork online. Does it say something about my "jadedness" that I don't trust "internal testing?" And what is he riding for? Because he's trying to prove his cleanliness? Or just because he misses it? Is he riding for the win? Or maybe he's just inspired by Brett Favre . . .

#5 11 September 2008 11:37 AM
Shane 
RunnerSpace Moderator 29 Rep Points
PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

I am glad to see he is going for it again. I am not a big cycling fan but when Lance was riding it was definitely worth watching. Who cares about what everyone else is going to think of him if he loses or if they think he is on drugs. If he still wants to ride and thinks he can still win, then I say go for it before its too late and your body wouldn't give you a second chance.
Posted Image

#6 11 September 2008 02:32 PM
Katrina 
0 Rep Points

i think he should of stayed put with his winnings, now if he doesnt win everyone is going to be talking about it forever....props for being able to partake in another tour de france though

#7 12 September 2008 12:08 PM
Tara 
0 Rep Points

i agree with you katrina, he should be more than satisfied with what he's already accomplished.. let someone else have the glory of winning.. but hats off to him for trying yet another year.

Page 1 of 1

Share this topic:

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

------DyeStat Track Talk Forums------

Main
HS General
HS Elite
College
Elite
The Plaground