RunnerSpace.com: Omar Kadurrah - Win at Pan American Junior Championships may be step toward eventual Olympic berth for Grand Blanc's Omar Kaddurah | MLive.com - DyeStat.com Track Talk

Welcome to DyeStat.com Track Talk!

You will have to register for a RunnerSpace account before you can post: click the LOGIN / SIGN UP link in the top brown bar to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Page 1 of 1

Omar Kadurrah - Win at Pan American Junior Championships may be step toward eventual Olympic berth for Grand Blanc's Omar Kaddurah | MLive.com

#1 26 July 2011 03:58 AM
DrBob 
Member 26 Rep Points
PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Homepage

Win at Pan American Junior Championships may be step toward eventual Olympic berth for Grand Blanc's Omar Kaddurah

Published: Monday, July 25, 2011, 4:50 PM     Updated: Monday, July 25, 2011, 4:58 PM
Omar_Kaddurah_Mug.JPGOmar Kaddurah  

GRAND BLANC, Michigan — It was Omar Kaddurah’s first national team and first international victory.

He hopes it’s just the beginning.

The recent Grand Blanc High graduate came from behind to win the 1,500-meter run Saturday in the Pan American Junior Championships track and field meet in Miramar, Fla.

Kaddurah posted a time of 3:52.29 to beat a field of 11 runners from nine nations. Isaac Presson of the United States, who runs for the University of North Carolina, was second in 3:52.78.

“I’ve never experienced anything like this,” said Kaddurah, a two-time state Division 1 1,600-meter champion. “This is amazing. It’s something I’ll never forget for the rest of my life. I’m really glad I was able to go out and represent my country. I’m very happy with the end result. I was finally able to end on a good note. I can’t think of a better ending to a high school career than that. I’m very thankful.”

at http://blog.mlive.co...rah-072511.html

Page 1 of 1

Share this topic:

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

------DyeStat Track Talk Forums------

Main
HS General
HS Elite
College
Elite